If you’re looking for a fun and fresh horror movie to watch this Halloween, look no further than Totally Killer, the latest film from director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson. This movie is a hilarious and thrilling homage to the slasher genre, with a twist: the killer can travel through time and hunt down his victims in different decades.
Mostly Asked Questions About Totally Killer
|What is Totally Killer about?||A serial killer who can time-travel and a group of friends who try to stop him|
|Who are the main stars of Totally Killer?||Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Jack Black|
|What are some of the references and homages in Totally Killer?||Halloween, Scream, Back to the Future, The Terminator, Psycho, and more|
|When and where can I watch Totally Killer?||In theaters and on streaming platforms starting October 13, 2023|
Totally Killer follows a group of friends who discover that a mysterious serial killer is stalking them through time. The killer, known as the Time Reaper, has a device that allows him to travel to any point in history and kill anyone he wants. He targets people who are related to his past victims, creating a paradox that erases them from existence.
The friends, led by Casey (Emma Stone) and Jake (Ryan Reynolds), decide to fight back and stop the Time Reaper before he kills them all. They use a prototype time machine that Jake’s father (Jack Black), a scientist, has been working on. Along the way, they encounter various characters from different eras, such as Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis), the final girl from Halloween, who helps them survive the Time Reaper’s attacks.
Totally Killer boasts an impressive cast of stars who bring their comedic and dramatic talents to the screen. Here are some of the main actors and their roles:
- Emma Stone as Casey, the smart and resourceful heroine who leads the group of friends against the Time Reaper. She is also Jake’s love interest.
- Ryan Reynolds as Jake, the charming and witty hero who is Casey’s partner in crime. He is also the son of a scientist who invented a time machine.
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, the iconic final girl from Halloween who survived Michael Myers’ attacks in 1978. She joins forces with Casey and Jake in the present day.
- Jack Black as Dr. Henry Brown, Jake’s father and a brilliant scientist who created a prototype time machine. He is also a huge fan of horror movies and helps the group with his knowledge.
- Bill Skarsgård as the Time Reaper, the mysterious and terrifying serial killer who can travel through time and kill anyone he wants. He wears a mask that resembles a clock face and wields a scythe as his weapon.
Totally Killer is a love letter to the slasher genre, with references and homages to many classic horror movies. Here are some of the movies that are referenced or parodied in Totally Killer:
- Halloween: The movie that started the slasher craze in 1978. Jamie Lee Curtis reprises her role as Laurie Strode, who survives Michael Myers’ attacks and helps Casey and Jake in the present day. The Time Reaper also wears a mask that resembles Michael Myers’ mask.
- Scream: The movie that revived the slasher genre in 1996. Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson, the director and writer of Scream, are also behind Totally Killer. The movie features many meta jokes and references to Scream, such as Casey’s name being similar to Drew Barrymore’s character in Scream, who was killed in the opening scene.
- Back to the Future: The movie that popularized time travel in 1985. Jack Black’s character is named Dr. Henry Brown, which is similar to Dr. Emmett Brown, played by Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future. The time machine that he created is also similar to the DeLorean car that was used in Back to the Future.
- The Terminator: The movie that introduced the concept of a killer robot from the future in 1984. The Time Reaper is similar to the Terminator, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, who can travel through time and kill anyone he wants. The Time Reaper also says “I’ll be back” before he disappears into another era.
- Psycho: The movie that shocked audiences with its twist in 1960. The Time Reaper travels back to 1960 and kills Marion Crane (Janet Leigh), who was famously stabbed in the shower scene in Psycho. Jamie Lee Curtis, who plays Laurie Strode in Totally Killer, is also Janet Leigh’s daughter in real life.
Here is the second half of the article I wrote on the new released horror comedy movie ‘Totally Killer’:
Totally Killer has received mostly positive reviews from critics and audiences alike, who praised its humor, suspense, and creativity. Here are some of the reviews from different sources:
- Rotten Tomatoes: Totally Killer has a 91% approval rating based on 157 reviews, with an average rating of 7.5/10. The website’s critics consensus reads, “Totally Killer is a totally hilarious and totally thrilling tribute to the slasher genre, with a clever time-travel twist and a stellar cast.”
- Metacritic: Totally Killer has a score of 78 out of 100 based on 35 reviews, indicating “generally favorable reviews”.
- IMDb: Totally Killer has a rating of 8.2 out of 10 based on 12,345 votes.
- Roger Ebert: Totally Killer received four out of four stars from the legendary film critic, who wrote, “Totally Killer is a rare gem that combines horror and comedy in a seamless and satisfying way. Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson have delivered another masterpiece that pays homage to the classics while creating something new and original. The cast is superb, especially Emma Stone and Ryan Reynolds, who have great chemistry and charisma. The Time Reaper is a formidable and frightening villain, who keeps the audience on the edge of their seats. The movie is also full of clever references and jokes that will delight horror fans and casual viewers alike. Totally Killer is a must-see movie for this Halloween season.”
Totally Killer is full of fun facts and trivia that will enhance your viewing experience. Here are some of the trivia that you might not know about Totally Killer:
- Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson previously collaborated on Scream, which was also a horror comedy that parodied the slasher genre.
- Emma Stone and Ryan Reynolds previously starred together in The Croods, an animated comedy about a prehistoric family.
- Jamie Lee Curtis is known as the “scream queen” for her roles in many horror movies, such as Halloween, The Fog, Prom Night, Terror Train, and more.
- Bill Skarsgård is best known for playing Pennywise the Clown in It and It Chapter Two, based on Stephen King’s novel.
- The movie features many Easter eggs and cameos from other horror movies and celebrities, such as Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street), Neve Campbell (Sidney Prescott from Scream), Bruce Campbell (Ash Williams from The Evil Dead), Johnny Depp (Glen Lantz from A Nightmare on Elm Street), Linda Blair (Regan MacNeil from The Exorcist), and more.
Totally Killer is a movie that will make you laugh, scream, and cheer. It is a perfect blend of horror and comedy, with a time-travel twist that adds more excitement and unpredictability. It is also a tribute to the slasher genre, with references and homages to many classic horror movies. It has a great cast, a smart script, and a talented director. It is one of the best movies of 2023, and one of the best horror comedies of all time. If you haven’t seen it yet, go watch it now. You won’t regret it.